|Timpanogas or Timp Cave Entrance in American Fork Utah|
Hike to Timpanogas Cave in 360 Degrees
The other day I did a stitched 360 Sphere map for Google Maps. If you haven't been here for a while here are 3 did you know items I thought I would share.
1. Did you know that not only can you pay to tour the cave, but there are special nights you can sign up for that get you into the right section of the mine? You get to put on mine suits, put on the headlamps, and tour the right section doing real mining spelunking! What a memory that would make!
2. Did you know that there are many people that exercise by walking up to the cave? You can walk up to the cave for free. It is an amazing workout in a short 1.5 miles. Great views, lots of shade, great incline to give a good workout. Such a great place to get that heart going, and because it is all paved there is no fear of a twisted ankle.
3. Did you know that even the drive up to the cave is a National Scenic drive and is easily the most popular scenic drive of all the drive in the Uinta-Wasatch-Caches National Forests.
Tiny Planet Version of Walking up to the Timpanogas Cave Gate
I love this Tiny planet version, for on the spring morning I took this, we received a little snow, so the contrast on the mountains of the white tips and the vibrant just wet green below was breathtaking. The picture from that trip are below the tiny planet video.
Timpanogas Cave Map
|Map of Timpanogas Cave|
This is one of the diagrams if the Cave System at Timpanogas Cave so you can see how large the cave is and the different sections.
Information on Trail
- About 35 minutes Southeast of SLC, 25 min Northeast of Orem.
- Trail is steep (gain 1,110 in 1.5 miles) so it is great if you want to walk a paved trail but get tons of exercise.
- Last time I was up, on the way up, the rock walls were in perfect shape, on the way down one of them had a section that had collapsed and some rocks had come down. I would advise not to lean on them or put pressure on them while the spring run off is happening. They check them daily, but spring can do funny things in nature.
- Of course there are snakes that like this mountain. If the park rangers are working, they will tell you to be aware if there is one close to the trail. I would advise to just have your eyes open. It you take hiking sticks it will help you up the canyon, and it will send a signal to the snakes that you are coming and they will move away. Most the time they are just enjoying the heat and sunshine on the trail for a moment, and are more than willing to move off if they hear you coming, but just like anyone, they don't like to be startled.
Enjoy my Street View Trail up to Timpanogas Cave
Below is a Tunnel you go through right before the Cave Entrance
|Views of the North Side of American Fork Canyon on hike up to Timp Cave|
|Tunnel you go through on walk up to Timpanogas Cave|
360 image below is of Tunnel you get to go under on the way up the canyon. Behind me is amazingly bathrooms you can use before going into the cave that I believe they clean daily. Also there are spectacular view off to the side of American Fork Canyon, and you can look down and see how high we have climbed and how far above the road we are.
Another amazing Cave hike, is the Tunnel Caves in Logan Canyon, and I think if you liked this trail, you should definitely try that one!
|Wind Caves Logan|
360 view of Restroom close to the top of the trail.
Another Tiny Planet Video of Walking up to Timp Cave.
360 Street Views of how Crazy steep and high this trail gets, and of the tight switch backs.
A 360 Video of Hiking up to the Timpanogas Cave. You can also watch this in Virtual Headset using the button on the bottom corner or on You Tube VR.
If you enjoyed this post, I think you will also enjoy my post on Rock Canyon Cave.
Link to Rock Canyon Cave
More Streetview Trail
|Cave up Rock Canyon|
More Streetview Trail