|Beautiful Contrast of Fields of Green then Snow Covered Mount Timpanogas End of May 2019|
360 Mount Timpanogas and Cascade Mountains Spectacular Views of from Bonneville Shoreline Trail
- Bonneville Shoreline Trail goes from more than 280 miles from Idaho border to Nephi. I just hiked a few miles to enjoy the view I was hoping to see... and I found it.
- Easy hike - Level 1
- Great views of Orem City. You can easily play an I spy game up here with things you find in the valley. Great for Green Time
- Perfect views for Sunsets
- Don't love that half this trail is on a wide dirt road, but the views from it were really interesting so I was ok with it.
- Avoid this trail on Wednesdays, for the shooting range is just across the canyon, and it is kinda loud. Not as peaceful as other days of the week.
360 Google Earth Street View Trail towards South West Corner of Mount Timpanogas.
|I found a field of these Cherry Laurel flowers on the trail.|
DIRECTIONS TO TRAIL HEAD.
If you turn East on 1600 N in Orem and head all the way until the road turns South, there is a a road that heads East after the turn and before the cemetery and park called Cascade Dr. You turn here. It also has a sign that says this is the road to the Bonneville Shoreline Trail.
|Route of the Trail I took|
|Wild Cat Paw Prints|
|Dog Paw Prints|
- I have hiked about 200 trails in the last few years, and I have only seen a few deer, a moose, and some wild turkeys. Animals usually stay away. It is pretty rare to see an animal on the trail.
- I definitely make it a habit to always have my Sabra Pepper Spray attached to my backpack that if I had something I am sure an animal would dislike the smell close to a human.
- If you hike with hiking sticks, I have heard that animals are very intimidated by hiking sticks and it helps keep animals away.
- One of my recent purchases, is a cool device by RADCAT that lets you text using GPS. That means that I can use my external GPS that is grabbing great signal on a trail, and use it and my cell phone to send a buddy a message. If some weird noise happens while I am hiking it automatically captures that sound and sends it to my buddy.
- Lastly, let your faith be stronger than your fears. Fears can keep you from wonderful adventures in this life. Be informed, take precautions, watch the trail for weird prints, or the spirit warning you of danger, and then just enjoy the journey.
Gorgeous Green Fields with Baldy and snow covered Mount Timpangos in background
|Sweet Pea Flowers along the Trail|
VIDEO of South West Corner of Timpanogas Mountain from a side trail off Bonneville Shoreline Trail
|Views of Cascade Mountain from Bonneville Shoreline Trail|
360 Google Earth Street View Trail Looking Towards Cascade Mountain and out over Orem City on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail
If you rotate this to the right 90 degrees you will see the overlook of the city and Utah Lake. This trail would be a great place to set up a chair and watch a sunset over Utah Lake.
|Cascade Mountain view along Bonneville Shoreline Trail|
If you liked this hike, I think you will also LOVE these hikes. Check them out!
GRANDSTAFF CANYON - Morning Glory Natural Bridge hike is fabulous. I love that the hike explores this canyon that has such tall Grand cliff walls. I love that it weaves back and forth across the river keeping it very interesting. There was so many places along the trail that I thought were so picturesque, and the arch at the end was really unique and cool. Great hike in any season.
Grand Staff Canyon Trail Link
DRY CANYON - CURLEY SPRINGS TRAIL
Dry Canyon is a magical canyon with cliffs on both sides that make it feel as if you are entering a magical kingdom. The curley springs trail heads off to the right and walks along the front of this mountain with amazing views of Orem, and fields of yellow wild flowers in May and June.
Grand View Point - Island In The Sky Canyonlands
I love that this hike feels like an Island In The Sky as you walk along cliff edges (or you can walk a safer distance in) and see birds flying below you and vista views out for miles. Very incredible and unique hike.
BALD MOUNTAIN - Kamas Utah
I had no idea this hike would be as spectacular as it was when I started. The trail was just beautiful and super unique. The views along the trail of all the many lakes around Bald Mountain was really fun. You find yourself constantly counting all the lakes, for different sections of the trail you can see more and more. I think I counted 12 lakes you could see from the trail. I think the trail goes past the top, but many stop at the top. I was surprised at how different the top looked than I expected. Take a snack and stop and enjoy the views from the top at the end.
If you are enjoying this blog, please consider the sponsor ads. Even a click can help bring more adventures your way.