Big East Lake in 360 Degrees Payson Canyon
|Beautiful Purple Flowers along the edge of the lake and side of the trail.|
Big East Lake in 360 Degrees Payson Canyon
- About 1 hour and 25 min south of SLC
- Loved the sound of birds around the lake. It was calming when paired with the gorgeous lake.
- Loved all the work that went into making this lake have nice fishing areas, picnic tables, grills, bathrooms, and paved trail. It was definitely well cared for.
- Lake was just stocked with thousands of fish recently. Most fish are small in this lake, but there was plenty for even the littlest of kids were getting so excited pulling in fish. This made me smile so often, for there was cute little squeals of joy happening often while I was walking around the lake from a little kid catching something. Definitely a family friendly lake.
- I loved seeing families spending time together, and there was quite a few. I admire you all greatly, for I know how difficult it can be to make it happen.
- The east side of the lake had SO MANY wildflowers! I was in heaven enjoying all the different varieties.
- The lake is probably a mile or less, but it is paved the entire way. It made it so you could bring someone in a wheelchair, walker, or stroller and still enjoy this area. Very cool.
- One thing that was a little rough, was that they collect a $9 per vehicle charge to use this facility. It definitely makes this a beautiful location, but it s a little rough if you are only walking the short 1 mile trail.
- Loved that you
- could bring someone in a wheelchair, walker, or stroller and still enjoy this area. Very cool.
- Trail around lake is about 1 mile
- Easy Trail - Level 1
- Elevation Gain is only 26 feet
- Didn't love that I had to pay $9 to walk around a small 1 mile trail. Seemed like a steep price.
- I loved the nature. I saw a beaver and watched him for a few minutes, and the birds and squirrels were very active. I also visited Box Lake just below this and found a HUGE FLOCK of Turkey Vultures on the opposite side of the parking lot. It was a total surprise to have a huge flock of bird that big fly overhead.
Things I LOVED and DIDN'T LOVE about BIG EAST LAKE
360 Video Walking Around Big East Lake - Payson
As I walked around the lake I passed so many cute little families with Dad's trying to teach their little ones how to fish. I was so proud of these Dad's for their patience in teaching their little ones. It takes a lot of energy to pack up a family for a fishing day, but of all the events a parent could do, things like this are the ones that will matter the most in the end. I cheer on governments with programs to support helping Dad's learn how to be great dads. I cheer on Dad's who put away their work and hobbies for a few moments and just give 100% of their attention to their family. There are many amazing Dad's out there who are trying so very hard to juggle so much. I was lucky to have a sweet Dad who I know was busy while we grew up, but I also know as he slowed down a little he definitely wanted us to know that we were the most important thing to him. Anytime he came around he would never leave without giving me a huge hug and whispering in my ear how much he admired me or how beautiful I was, or how much he loved me.
If you don't have a father like this on this earth, I want you to know that you have a Heavenly Father like this. I promise you that if you are in a down time, and you pray and ask him if he is there and if he loves you, that you will get and answer that you will know WITHOUT A DOUBT that He LOVE YOU. You will feel it deep and strong in your chest and you will definitely not doubt that it it was from your Father Above. I encourage you to hold on to this moment, and let it give you strength and energy to do so much on your own. Please still try and find ways to get some green time with your kids. Your kids need it for their development of their brains, and you need it so you can feel peace and hope with all you have on your shoulders. Also it will build lastly memories with your kids that will be some of the most important moments when you die.
2D Version of Above Video
|Big East Lake, Payson Canyon|
360 Image Just After Bridge at Big East Lake
|Wild Roses on the Trail around Big East Lake in Payson Canyon, Utah|
360 Google Earth Street View Trail Walking Around Lake
View from the edge of the Parking Lot with the Grills, Restrooms, and Picnic Tables.
|Big East Lake has Restrooms, Grills, and Picnic Tables around the Lake|
360 Video of Another Pretty Spot Walking Around the Lake.
2D Version of Above
While I was passing one of the many fishing spots, I came across a family fishing. There was 2 cute blonde daughters and the parents. The youngest was probably around 6. The family had this bet going on that the first person who caught a fish got a dollar. You could see that everyone was hoping they would be the first one to catch that first fish. Then this adorable 6 year old yelled, "I got one! I get the dollar!" She got so excited as she got help bring in the fish. When the fish came in, instead of a girlish, I don't want to touch it attitude, she was exactly opposite. She praised her fish for being so beautiful, and begged her father to let her touch her beautiful fish. It was so adorable. I have to admit that I was captivated and maybe stayed too long admiring this cute family.
|A fisherman out fishing on Big East Lake, Utah|
Current Conditions of Trail
Here is a link to All Trails for current Conditions of the Trail
360 Google Sphere of another of the cute Benches around Big East Lake
|Benches set up around the lake for perfect spot to sit and relax and soak in the nature.|
|Some of the many purple flowers in bloom on the East side of Big East Lake|
WILDLIFE AT THE LAKE
Here is a 360 Video Spotlighting the Birds around the Lake
Big East Lake Payson Canyon
Kuula Image of some Bright Blue Flowers between the Trail and Big East Lake
|More Awesome Purple Flowers on the edge of Big East Lake|
|I love the contrast here of the blue flower and the orange rock.|
|I thought these blossoms looked super cool with their green balls, but in a week these will be covered with beautiful white flowers and will be even more beautiful.|
|Some hardy geraniums and Blue Bells around Big East Lake|
Another beautiful spot to view the lake or fish.
|Enjoying Columbine and Blue Bells on my walk around the Lake|
DIRECTIONS OF HOW TO GET TO BIG EAST LAKE- Payson Canyon
Take I-15 to the Payson Exit, and turn east towards Payson. Turn Left on Main Street, then left on 100N, then right on 600 E. This gets you on the Nebo Loop Road. Continue on this road for about 11 miles until you get to the pay booth for the Big East Lake. Unfortunately they charged me $9 to walk this short 1 mile trail around the lake. I think there are other places to park that might be free, but the money is going to make this a beautiful lake and it shows.
I posted this blog, before Google had all my 360 Spheres all the way process to connect them. Not why they were taking so long. If you want to see more, or want to walk around this lake in 360 degrees with Street View style, just click on the Google Earth link below, then the little dude in the bottom corner, and then any blue dot or line to see more.
Big East lake Google Earth Link
|Some cute white bell shaped flowers on the side of the trail around Big East Lake, Utah|
|View of fisherman on lake and cute Fishing spots across the lake.|
Big East lake Google Earth Link
If you liked this post, I think you will also LOVE these posts.
MY FAVORITE LAKES IN UTAH in 360 Degrees
If you have enjoyed this post, please consider clicking on my sponsor links. Even a click can help more adventures come your way.