Black Canyon of the Gunnison in 360 Degrees.
Join me on a VR Nature Vacation to Black Canyon of the Gunnison in Colorado. It is the extremely deep dark canyon that is so deep and so narrow that many places down at the bottom never see sunlight. I thought about our Pandemic and Election turmoil we are now in. It is so easy to let anxiety build until you soon find yourself sliding into a similar dark abyss in your mind that is equally terrifying and scary. At times like this, I beg you to look up. The sky's still blue and above there really is a Heavenly Father above that LOVES you more than you can comprehend. Yes, he sometimes lets bad things happen, but it is so we can grow. I look back on my hardest times in my life with gratitude for I humbled myself enough to plea to my Father above for help, and what I received was enormous comfort and what felt like a hug from Him letting me know He cared and He was aware and he loved me. That same thing is available to anyone who asks, for He wants to help YOU. This VR Adventure has lots of cliff edges where you can look down into this deep Black Canyon so hang on for a fun ride with some crazy heights.
2D Short for Black Canyon of the Gunnision
Information on the Black Canyon
- It is 5.5 hours Southeast of SLC.
- This is not one long hike, but lots of mini trails, which is so fun. Hike a little while, see something amazing, drive to next spot and repeat. Delightful.
- Great family hike, as long as you watch your kids by the edges that are not fenced.
- I believe dogs are allowed in this park, for I saw quite a few dogs, and don't remember any signs saying otherwise.
- There is a nice picnic area at the end of the road that has picnic tables and areas to enjoy a lunch and get a bathroom break.
- This end spot does not have the spectacular views that are available at all the mini trails along the road for it is not as steep and deep. Some drive right to the end, and miss out on the best parts. There is also a trail here that is longer that goes down into the canyon, but remember this is not the prettiest spot in black Canyon.
Video 1 at Black Canyon
|Fall at Black Canyon|
Black Canyon of the Gunnison is a narrow canyon with steep cliffs on both sides that are a deep blackish color with neat veins that run through the rock making interesting shapes. There are a few people each year that hike down to the base of Black Canyon, but most take a guide if they decide to go for the smallest mess up and you will likely fall an awful fall. This area though is such a nice area though with lots of little pull offs with short hikes to see various lookouts in over the canyon.
Video 2 at Black Canyon Tiny Planet Style
Video Link for Tiny Planet
Want to see Black Canyon from a drone, here is a link of Drone Footage by MTS Drone in the canyon above the river.
|Very cool Black Fin in Black Canyon|
Video of another awesome pull off view point at Black Canyon
Click below if the above Video does not work.
|Black Canyon of the Gunnison in Fall|
Interested in how Black Canyon of the Gunnison was formed, well here is a quick Geology lesson on how it came to be.
HAPPY HIKING EVERYONE!
Hiking Heals the soul so get out and do some hiking today!
If you have enjoyed his blog, maybe consider these sponsor ads. Any little bit helps more posts come your way.