|Hells Backbone Bridge- Escalante|
Hells Backbone Bridge in VR 360 Degrees
360 Video at Hells Backbone Bridge
Information about this Drive:
- Bridge is about 4.5 hours South of SLC
- I especially like the section of the drive from the bridge to Escalante. I am itching to hike the cool canyons in that Pine Creek Canyon area.
- This drive has access to some beautiful lakes in the Boulder Mountains, and the closest one to the Bridge has great fishing if you have a Kayak. It is called Posey Lake.
- Bridge is build over a huge gorgeous canyon that pictures don't do justice.
- This drive can go from Boulder all the way to Escalante. If you drive the whole way, you must realize that the main drive from Escalante to Boulder is EXTREMELY stunning. Probably my most favorite drive in Utah, so hopefully you can fit both into your drive.
- The drive is mostly a dirt road, but it is well maintained, so even regular cars can do this drive, but you do need to not speed, for I have seen cars that were going too fast around corners and were surprised by an oncoming car that have slid off the road. Be smart.
- This drive can be paired with a great hike called Upper Calf Creek Falls. It is only about 2 miles to a gorgeous waterfall, but the turnoff is tricky and a downloaded Google maps would be very smart to get here. Here is more info on that hike.
Upper Calf Creek Falls
More info from utah.com
|Hells Backbone Bridge|
Hells Backbone Bridge
Today my Nature Fix has the theme of RESILIENCE. There has been many studies on success of people/kids, and a leading theory today says that one of the biggest factors in determining success of people is their ability to learn resilience. Definition of Resilience is the capacity to recovery quickly from difficulties, toughness. This photo of this tree growing in a crazy hard location has flourished, but the roots have had to really search for life giving water. May each of us be like this awesome tree, not giving up. Not dwelling on what you lack, but dig down in your soul and find that source of goodness and just try from today on to be the best version of yourself. The location of this cool Nature Fix is The Devil’s Backbone Bridge in Escalante, Utah. Gorgeous drive, and lots of beautiful lakes that can be discovered in the back countries here.
Drone Video at Hells Backbone Bridge
My hubby could not drone here, for it was too windy this day, but I am grateful for TJackSurvival for his great drone shots here. Beautifully done!
|Beautiful Pink Rock Canyon on the right Side of Hells Backbone Bridge.|
|Overhang Rock over Hells Backbone Canyon|
Video Tiny Planet Version
|Hells Backbone Canyon|
|Tree Growing out of Rock in Hells Backbone Canyon|
|Hells Backbone Canyon|