|Hubby Enjoying Sunrise at Electric Lake Utah
Electric Lake Utah in 360 Degrees
360 Video of Sunrise on Electric Lake
|Electric Lake Utah at Sunrise
Here is a 2D Version of above if you like that better.
Here is a link to see a satellite View on Google Earth so you can see the Lightning Bolt Shape.
|Electric Lake Utah at Sunrise
Information on Electric Lake
- Electric Lake has location of Longitude: 111 14' 10.5"W Latitude: 39 38' 14.9"N Closest towns are Scofield and Huntington.
- Electric Lake is about 2 hours Southeast of SLC.
- Electric Lake is one of the few lakes in Utah that has Salmon to fish.
- Electric Lake is a unique lake with a long narrow neck and then a base in the shape of a 8 pointed Star created by 8 rolling hills covered in lush green trees.
- If you get away from the camping area, this lake has a very solitary feel like it is just you and the lake, and it is quite serine and peaceful.
- On the north side I hiked for about a mile along a trail that is an old dirt road that is now for only foot traffic, and hit a gate that said Private Property (which I doubt is used now) going into that cove. I was about 1/3 the length of the side of the lake. If I did it again, I would wear clothing to get wet, and just walk or swim across that little inlet and keep going, for I was getting to a really beautiful section of the lake. The walk down that side was still beautiful, and was surprisingly quiet. I only saw one other person on the trail and he was fishing, yet it was a weekend with many campers at the location. Here is a 360 video on that walk.
|North Side of Electric Lake Sunset
360 Walk at Sunset on North Side of Electric Lake
|Sunset on North side of Electric Lake looking South
Tiny Planet Version of North Side of Electric Lake
|Fishing for Salmon on the North Side of Electric lake
On the North side of the lake, there is also an upper dirt road that is blocked off to vehicles, but does not have a no trespassing sign that you could also walk and enjoy some higher views of the lake. On maps, it looks like it is a road also going to that private proy, so you won't get much further on that road then the one on the beach.
The south side of the lake, I think, is the prettier section, but it is also the one that is brutal to get access to. Basically is a brutal road only accessible with a good 4WD with high clearance, driving a boat from the North side of the lake, or walking in.
One of the things I loved and hated about walking the perimeter of Electric Lake is that because it has so many inlets coming into the lake you have either 2 choices each time you come to an inlet. You either need to swim to the other side of the inlet, or some of the inlets take you on a large detours back into the canyon for that inlet. The inlets I wandered are fun to see that star shape ends of the lake, and also the windy streams that wander down into the inlet and then to Electric Lake.
Interesting Things on Stroll along beach on South Side of Electric Lake
- When I thought the stroll along the edge of the lake was over, I looked up and there was a dirt road. Not sure it is was off limits, for there was not signs, but it made for an easy stroll up into the inlet.
- It was Fun Looking from an inlet into the Star shaped Electric Lake
- The streams running into the inlet and then the lake were windy just like I think a burst of Electricity would be.
|From Winding Stream to Inlet of Electric Lake
|Windy Stream heading into the Inlet to Electric Lake
Interesting image below takes a minute to even figure out what is going on. The reflection of he hill is so large , and the inlet so narrow that you almost don't see that you are looking at a reflection. I know it is strange, but I kind of like the uniqueness of it.
|Reflection of Hill on Electric Lake in an Inlet
|Reflections on Electric Lake