|Millsite Reservoir Ferron Utah|
Ferron Utah for Kayaking and Fishing
Millsite Reservoir is a gorgeous reservoir, with such a beautiful scenic cliffs as a backdrop. It is a small lake, but is fun for fishing, kayaking, and is very enjoyable to walk around the perimeter. From the campground, it feels like this lake is not easy to walk around for you really sink in the mud there, but if you go down to the ATV area, and head west, you can walk at least half of the lake if not more. You just have to realize that the sand here is sometimes that sticky mud where your feet sink sink in, so walk the drier areas when the dirt feels like that, and enjoy the water when it is rockier.
|Sunset at Millsite Reservoir Ferron Utah|
For your nature fix here is a Sunrise at Millsite Reservoir. Each day is a new day with lots of new potential for beauty and growth. Just learn from the past, and then start each day that it is going to be a beautiful day and SHINE! You can be transported to enjoy this walk with me by putting on your VRHeadset, and watching the 360 version on YouTubeVR by typing in ShaunasAdventures_Millsite.
360 Version of Millsite During Sunrise.
Remember to rotate to look around.
|Sunset at Millsite Reservoir Ferron Utah|
2D Version if you like that better
|Millsite Reservoir with Reflection on Lake|
Sunrise at Millsite Reservoir - Tiny Planet Version.
|Morning reflection on Millsite Reservoir|
Information about this Trail/Location
- Millsite is about 165 miles southeast of SLC, 4 miles west of Ferron Utah.
- You can walk around at least half of the lake for wonderful exercise. I think I walked at least 2 miles of shoreline, and I could have kept going. Walking the beach it definitely easy and good for all ages.
- Lake has a boat dock. If there are big boats on the lake, this lake is small enough that it makes big waves fast. If you go on off times when there are not motorized boats, it is so fun for Float tubes, Kayaks, fishing, etc.
- Millsite Reservoir has a variety of trout fish in it for fishing.
- The spillway out of the reservoir is a gorgeous waterfall in the Golf Course. It is a definite must see if you go here. I have heard you can walk the golf course and go see it if you are staying at the campground, but I would check first. Definitely watch for it as you drive by.
- Reservoir is right next to a beautiful Golf Course that you can enjoy while here.
Fishing at Millsite
|Fishing at Millsite Reservoir|
If fishing is a thing you love, Millsite offers beautiful scenery while you fish. I liked fishing here for there wasn't an excessive amount of things to get your hook caught on, so it made it more enjoyable for me, but I am such a novice. We tried float tubes here, and would recommend launching float tubes off the right side of dock and heading east into the little area with the islands or on the west side of the lake where there are some beaches. . If you are Kayaking, you can launch easily from the boat dock, or on the west side there is a nice beach that would be easy to launch kayaks from. If your curious about float tubing while fishing, it is really nice to have your hands dedicated to just fishing and not have to worry about paddling also, for you are paddling with your feet. We did find that the flippers the sell you are very easy to loose though, and then they just sink to the bottom of the lake, and that just stinks. Float tubes disadvantage is that they move slowly, so getting to that perfect spot is a good workout, and then if the wind kicks up, or changes direction you can be in trouble quick. We did find out that if you have a collapsible paddle or even ping pong paddles in your pockets of the float tube it is helpful. Also make sure you have an air pump in the pockets of the float tube if you for some reason are loosing air, and be careful of your hook on your fishing pole for you don't want it to puncture your tube! There is an abundant amount of good fishing spots off the ATV trails just west of the campground, and also over by the river.
Video of Float Tube Fishing at Millsite Reservoir
|Fishing on Millsite Reservoir Ferron Utah|
If you enjoyed this post, I think you would also love my other Lake Hikes. Just Click on the Labels Button and select Lake Hikes in 360, or type the word Lake in the Search Bar, or here is my post of my favorite lakes in Utah.
My cute hubby taking advantage of a bed of clovers at the campground to take a snooze.
If you have enjoyed this blog, maybe consider one of the following sponsor ads. Even a few pennies helps more of these come your way. These are some of the products we used on this adventure that made it so enjoyable.