|Immersive Laketime at Flaming Gorge|
Immersive Laketime at Flaming Gorge
- VR Nature Vacation -
Grab your VR Headset, and transport yourself to the "Crown Jewel" of Ashley National Forest - Flaming Gorge and Red Canyon. This gorgeous VR 360 Nature Vacation will delight you in the beauty of this area. It will start with a Sunrise at Red Canyon, and then we will travel to the beautiful bridge at Flaming Gorge and enjoy the cliffs by paddleboarding up this inlet, then to Kayak at Sheep Creek. We will end back at Red Canyon for Sunset, and a fun update on our 100 lakes 100 fish goal. This trip we got one more lake making it lake 36 for we caught fish here! So open a bottle of Cypress Oil, get a nice breeze, curl up on a comfy chair, and transport yourself to this beautiful location for some wonderful Nature Therapy. If you haven't heard of Nature Therapy, I will share with you what they have discovered. They have found that being Immersed in nature boosts the chemicals in your body that are linked with feeling happy. They have also found that Cypress oil and an Immersive Virtual Version can also have a similar affect, so what are you waiting for. Enjoy some "Me Time" today and transport yourself to somewhere beautiful for an awe moment. Just search ShaunasAdventures on OculusTV, YouTubeVR, on the link below. I like using the Oculus Portfolio link the best, for it takes out the issues of WiFi speed. It just uploads it to your Oculus Headset so it is ready for you and it will be there for about a day and then it will be gone so you don't have to worry about it taking up memory. Here is my Oculus Portfolio Link
VR 360 Video. If you are viewing on a 2D screen, make sure you move and look around. If you watch from a VR Headset version, you are inside the video, and it magically transports you here.
Information about Flaming Gorge
- Flaming Gorge is about 4 hours east of Salt Lake City and is located in Ashley National Forest.
- If you go to Flaming Gorge, don't miss seeing Red Canyon. It is beautiful, and not a big detour. There are cute small ponds to fish here, and there is a herd of Big Horn sheep that can be sited around the park that are so beautiful. Keep your eyes open and you have a great chance of seeing them especially if you camp here and are here for more than a few minutes.
- There is a beautiful arch on the cliffs at Flaming Gorge, so keep your eyes open when you are along the cliffs to see if you can find it.
- I spotlighted people jumping off the bridge, but I am quite sure that is illegal. The kids doing it were pretty smart about it, but even then, I saw one time when a kid didn't let go early enough and almost slammed back into the cliffs, and I saw rangers boat up and they scattered quickly. I think they have made cliff jumping anywhere on Flaming Gorge illegal because of how many deaths and injuries have occured to people doing it.
- If you like Kayaking or Paddleboarding, there are some beautiful places to enjoy here. Here is a list of my favorite spots
- Sheep Creek. Hug the north side and enjoy the inlets. Go past the island and then out into the main lake. If you see any signs of wind, you might want to get back quick. Wind makes it rough to get back in, and it might be easier to wait until the wind dies down.
- Cedar Spring. Cedar Spring can be very busy, but is a great spot to head out to the islands and to head to the bridge. It has some beautiful cliffs. You can also put in just left of the dam parking lot, and there are trails by the bridge but they are steep and a little tricky.
- Sunny Cove is a gorgeous spot to Kayak or Paddleboard. It can also get busy, but if you have kids, it is a nice cove to enjoy paddleboarding without stress. If you follow that road further, there is also a nice place to launch at the Mustang Ridge Boat launch.
- There are also boat rides and a nice lanch at the base of the dam if you have 2 cars to pick up and drop off.
|Paddleboarding Under the Flaming Gorge Arch Bridge|