|Second Set of Waterfalls on the Three Falls Trail|
3 Falls Trail Alpine Utah
|First set of Falls on the Three Falls Trail|
Today I went up to one of my favorite waterfalls, but the parking lot was packed so I ran away. I really am still trying to avoid crowds. I decided to try and find this waterfall that has stumped me for awhile. This is a funny location, for they are building new mansions here, and they really DON'T want you anywhere near this whole area, or discovering this hike. They have signs everywhere for No Hikers allowed, No Walkers allowed. It is crazy, and it made me a little frustrated for I was having such trouble finding info on this hike. It felt like they were blocking any access to it because they were rich. Well I finally found the answer, and there is a new parking lot that is quite a distance from the waterfalls and you have to walk probably 2 miles to the first waterfall, when they are literally right off the road, but at least they gave me access. On the positive, the walk up the 2 miles to the waterfalls is beautiful with so many lovely wildflowers that it made all my frustrations go away. The Pin to the Location is below. It might be working on Mapping software now, but at the time I was looking for the trail, the mapping software was taking me to the wrong location.
360 Video of the Second Falls on the Three Falls Trail.
LONE PEAK VIEWS IN THE DISTANCE
I have a love for the Lone Peak Wilderness Area. I love the white rocks contrasting with the green, and this trail walked parallel to those gorgeous mountains for a good deal of the trail, and I loved looking at them!
|Lone Peak Mountain Range|
Information on the Trail
- Make sure you park at the Public Trail head Parking I gave the link to below, for they really hate hikers in the neighborhood.
- When the trail comes to a road, it is just crossing the road straight across.
- Trail is 8 mile out and back trail with about 1280 ft elevation gain.
- Trail is appropriate for kids 8 and up if they can conquer the distance. Nothing hard about this trail. It is listed as Moderate, but that is just for length unless you are not being safe wandering around the waterfalls.
- There are 3 sets of waterfalls if you do the whole thing. Some think it is called Three Falls, for the first one has 3 tiers, but there really is 3 separate waterfalls if you go the distance.
- There are signs on the trail closer to the falls. Sometimes the trail splits off and there is 2 trails. The one will say Three Falls, and the other will say something comical about Bodily Harm, and other crazy phrases. They are a little funny.
- Because there is such a limited parking here, I would suggest going early, for it will not accommodate many hikers on the trail.
The below is a recording of my trail, but the orange is supposed to connect to the blue. It stopped recording and I had to restart it. The bottom of the orange is the new parking lot and up by the river is the first of the three falls.
Video of the First Set of Waterfalls you come to first on the Three Falls Trail.
WILDFLOWERS ON THE THREE FALLS TRAIL
I went the first week in June, and there was an abundant amount of wildflowers. It was wonderful!
|Beautiful Bright Yellow Wildflowers with Lone Peak Mountains Behind|
|Beautiful Purple Flowers with the Alpine Mountains in the Background.|
So many wildflowers! I was in heaven.
Instructions for the Three Falls Trail
|Parking Lot and Trail Head for 3 Falls Trail Alpine Utah|
Here is the GPS Location of this Trail Head Parking Lot.
|Trail Sign and Bodily Harm Sign :)|
There is 2 times, you come to the roads on the trail. Just cross right over the road, and the trail continues on the other side of the road.
If you have enjoyed this post, check out My Favorite Waterfalls. I think you will hopefully find some other waterfalls you love. You can also use the Label button and click on Waterfall Hikes to help you find more waterfalls.
If you would like to see my Favorite Waterfalls on a Map, here is my List of Favorite Waterfalls you can see on the map.