|Green River Lakes Immersive 360 VR Getaway|
Green River Lakes Immersive 360 VR Getaway
Wind Rivers Wyoming
Feeling low and unmotivated? I understand your frustration friend, so I think this video was sent from above for the both of us, for I couldn’t pull off the magic that happened here. Nature came out in abundance, so you have 3 challenges in this video. First, perk up your ears and see if you can hear all the sounds of nature. Second, use those sounds of nature to align yourself with the frequency of your inner self. Third, visualize Square top mountain as your goal and use this video as a catalyst to give you the motivation and belief that you can conquer that goal or make that dream of yours come true. So grab that VRHeadset and let’s get going on this beautiful journey for relaxation and motivation.
360 Video on YouTube VR for Immersive Green River Lakes VR Getaway
Direct Link to the Green River Motivation for Oculus Quest:
Link to my Oculus Portfolio
|Green River Lakes Motivation Immersive 360 VR Getaway|
Information about this area.When I first saw pictures of this location, I think you could say it sang to me. I was like, I MUST GO HERE! But seeing a picture, most times you have no idea if the location was easy or brutally hard to get captured. I will tell you that this video was super delicious to create, but also EXTRMELY BRUTAL. Why, well there are so many. I think I might have to make a list. lol
- First, Green River Lakes is not only in the middle of nowhere, but it is also has a 2 hour drive on a rough dirt road. Make sure if you head here, you stop and fill up on gas before heading up the road from Pinedale, or you might not have enough gas.
- Second, there are 2 green river lakes, and upper and lower one, and they are connected with a river. The hike along the lower green river lake is about 2 miles, but the main trail is way up on the hill and not close to the lake. I wanted shots down by the river, so I walked along the shore for the first mile. That meant it was pretty brutal bushwhacking for me following a moose trail, but the shots were so very beautiful that I was loving soaking it in. I have to admit that a few times I wondered my level of stupidity here, for walking through some of the swampy messes was a recipe for a twisted ankle.
- After you get to the end of the first green river, you are so badly wanting a closer and bigger view of Square Top mountain, so it feels like a crime to not keep going. The views along the river are pretty seeing it wind in the valley, but you often loose site of the Square Top mountain and it just pushes you forward to keep going.
- When you arrive at the Upper Green River, the views are phenomenal! Take time here to soak in the view and hopefully you are early enough to see some beautiful reflections in lake. Beware that this location has TONS of mosquitos, so put an extra layer of mosquito repellant as you approach or beware of the swarms.
- When I got to upper Green River Lakes, I noticed Kayaks here. I had kind of hoped to paddle up Green River Lake to the Upper Green River lake, but was not sure if it was possible, so YES it is possible to paddle up to the lake. I was still glad I walked for down by the shore on the Lower Green river lake, I was so bless with so many wildflowers. If I wasn't going to be crazy and walk the shoreline, then I think paddling up the shore here would be delightful.
- When I started hiking, I had only planned on just getting to the Upper Green River lake and doing a total of 6 miles, but some hikers cheered me on and told me I really needed to keep going another 1-2 miles to the end of the Upper Green River lake and into a valley for the views there are amazing, so I headed out. The first section hiking along the Upper Green River are a little disappointing for you rarely get to see the lake, and you loose site of Square Top mountain for such a long time, but hang in there friend, if at the top of the lake you take a detour and get down by the inlet to the lake, it is stunning right there. I was blown away with how beautiful it was with the incredible view of Square Top Mountain. It was everything and so much more.
So in conclusion, if you want the best views of Green River Lakes, I would suggest being willing to detour off the trail at times, or to Kayak or Paddleboard up the Lakes. Square Top Mountain is such an epic backdrop, but the drive here, and the length of the hike will make you work for the phenomenal views.
Happy Hiking Friends!