Red Hollow Slot Canyon Orderville, Utah in 360 Degrees
|Red Hollow Slot Canyon Orderville Utah|
Red Hollow Slot Canyon in 360 Degrees
- About 4.5 hours South of SLC
- About 1.5 Miles
- East Hike - Level 2
- About 300 feet elevation gain
- There is a parking area by houses. It is recommended to not drive your car farther than this because the sand is so soft and hard to drive through. I did not think the road looked hard until the end, BUT the problem is if you pull off and try and park off the road, YOU WILL MOSTLY LIKELY GET STUCK IN BAD SOFT SAND. It is probably safest to just park by the houses and walk the road in.
- Not a hard canyon, but has spots you can do some skill building of Bouldering, Stemming (Body making an X against walls to climb up.), Chemneying (Back against wall and knees or feet against opposite wall to climb up.), Rope climbing, etc. Still easy, for you can get through without doing these, but it has lots of learning options.
- Even though it is a short hike, it will take you longer than you think because of the soft sand being hard to walk through. I would say about an hour. If you are lucky and end up making it passed the rope, who knows the cool adventures that lay beyond the rope.
|Beautiful Canyon Walls at Red Hollow Canyon|
Whenever I go on a road trip to find a hike, I always pair a hike with a few others in the area. This was a last minute addition to a road trip where I hiked Noah's Ark, and Bullion/Cascade Falls. I knew very little about this place when I started except that it was short and easy (which is what I needed), and that it is in Orderville. If . This blew me away with how wonderful it was. I loved the beautiful cliff walls. I was so tickled to find such a fun slot canyon here, for I really enjoy slot canyons.
2D Video when I found the Slot Canyon! I Love Slot Canyons!
360 Videos Walking Through Slot Canyon at Red Hallow
Click on link to watch in real 360 Degrees- Make sure you move around your phone, or image to see all around!
360 Video of First Section of the Slot canyon - CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW!
360 Spheres images at Red Hallow Slot Canyon Trail
Fun 360 Insta OneX Spiral Image that is Pretty Cool. Check it out by Clicking on the Link
Rope to Climb in the Slot Canyon to move on. It has loops tied in it to help people have footholds to be able to climb up.
Another Video at Red Canyon. This looks different from my slot canyon, so there might be 2 different slot canyons in this area. Maybe it changed over the last year with the storms, or maybe this is above the rope. Not sure. Definitely Curious though....
As I came out from Red Hollow, I came out at the perfect time. The sun was setting and the sky was starting to light up in beautiful reds and oranges. It was stunning and I got to enjoy it the whole walk out to my car. As I walked there is a split in the river bed and there is a left side and a right side that walk along a sandy wash. I walked along the left trail on the way back, and found this treasure below. It feels like something out of a science fiction or vampire movie. The whitish peach colored rock with alien looking bumps trying to rise up out the the ground was a little mesmerizing and it caught my interest for quite a while while the moon came out above. Definitely a bonus spot I was able to find on my journey into the cool Red Hollow Canyon.
Gorgeous Sunset I managed to catch on the way out of Red Hollow that was stunning and in a perfect spot as I hiked out.
360 Google Earth Street View Trail at Red Canyon before Slot
|Unique White Rock Formations just outside South West of entrance to Slot Canyon in Red Hallow Canyon|
|Sunset Coming out of Red Canyon|
SUNSET AT RED HOLLOW
VIDEO of Sunset at Red Hollow
Beautiful Canyon Walls at Red Hollow Canyon before Slot Canyon
|Canyon Walls at Red Hallow|
|Red Hollow Canyon Orderville Utah|
|Cool Cliffs at Red Hollow Canyon Orderville Utah|
|Cool Cliffs at Red Hollow Canyon Orderville Utah|
VIEW OF TRAIL HEAD for RED HOLLOW CANYON
|View from parking by houses. If you brave going down this road beware of how easy it is to get stuck in the soft sand.|
Instructions to get to Red Hallow Canyon trail.
From Orderville, head east on State street to 100 E. Turn Right on 100 E, then left onto Red Shadow Drive. There will be a dirt road that heads to the above, but it is safer to park on the shoulder of the road in the neighborhood to keep from getting stuck in the extremely soft sand.
Want More Info About this Hike? This is another fun post about this hike that I really enjoyed.
If you enjoyed this Slot Canyon, here is a link to my FAVORITE SLOT CANYONS. They will not disappoint!
and here is my Google Maps Link to my Favorite Slot Canyons in Utah
Since this is such a short hike, here is a map and link of all my favorite hikes in Utah so you can pick another hike you like that is close by Red Hallow, Orderville Area
If you are enjoying this blog, please consider clicking on a sponsor link. Even a click can help more adventures come your way!
One of my favorite pieces of gear I own is my CamelBak Hydration BackPack. It has bee such a great backpack. I also found this Aukley battery with 3 input and 4 outputs that helps keep all my gear charged and going on my hikes. Also get geared up with a good tic repellant this summer so you can still enjoy some great green time, but without the stress.
- HIKING HEALS -- Get your Nature Fix Today! -