Maple Box Slot Canyon and Waterfall
in 360 Degrees
For your nature fix today, I have Maple Box Canyon. This Canyon is a unique conglomerate Rock Canyon made up of medium sized rocks cemented together naturally. It is one of the few areas with this unique structure, but it is especially unique in that it is also a crazy tall slot canyon, an arch, a waterfall, and rope rock climbing courses in abundance. The slot canyon feels like something out of Lord of the Rings, for it is a dark and daunting at times and the crows and other animals are making sounds that the echo of the canyon distorts them making them a little strange. If at times you are feeling in a similar dark and dreary place, know that there is a God up above that really does love you. Just pray and let him back in your life, for he wants to be there for you. This hike is at least medium difficulty for there is a rope and some bouldering. At the end there is a waterfall with a rope to climb up it. I would advice NOT to climb up the waterfall, for MANY have slipped and fallen and been severely hurt. Stay safe.
VR Headset Version to Transport you Here (No Motion)
So grab that VR Headset, sit down with an open bottle of Cypress and enjoy some Nature Therapy to fight off depression and boost those positive feel goods in your body. Sending Love and Postive Vibes your way! - Shauna
Immersive VR 360 Version below for VR Headsets to transport yourself there. Just Search ShaunasAdventures on OculusTV, YouTubeVR or use my Oculus Portfolio Link. The link is really nice if you don't have amazing Wifi. It will upload it to your Oculus so it is ready for smooth viewing even without great WiFi.
If you don't have a VR Headset, they are so much fun. I have enjoyed mine often to excercise when I can't hit a trail outdoors, and to virtually travel the world. It is so wonderful for my physical and mental health. Here are links to some great VR Headsets. Definitely worth it!
For the Virtual Reality Experience, I love to open a bottle of Cypress, get a nice breeze blowing on me, curl up in a comfy chair, and transport myself here or any of the other fun Nature Experience in my Oculus Portfolio. It is a wonderful postive boost from Nature Therapy that helps fight depression and help you feel happier. Try it out.
Me in front of the Spot you need to climb the Rope in Maple Box Canyon Moroni Utah
2D Trailer for Immersive Version above.
- Maple Box Canyon is located near Moroni Utah and is about 1.45 hours south of SLC. To get to Maple Box Canyon take I-15 to Nephi Exit 225 Turn left on UT-132, then right on 400 S, then follow signs to Maple Box Canyon. It is on the right hand side about 1 mile before parking lot before the campgrounds. Google Maps will take you right there if you download directions BEFORE you loose service.
- Maple Box Canyon is a Slot Canyon with a Waterfall at the end. I would not suggest climbing the waterfall, for MANY people have gotten hurt climbing up the waterfall for it is slippery. My brother-in-law has been working on recovering from a fall here for over a year, broken back, cracked skull are just a few, and getting out and getting help with no service is a beast of a job.
- The slot canyon feels like you have been transported to somewhere in Lord of the Rings. It is dark and has weird noises from the animal sounds echoing, and you never know what is around that next corner. Totally fun in a creepy sort of way.
- It has at least 3 spots where it takes some bouldering work to get around a big boulder in the slot canyon. Some you can climb around, some you climb under, some have a rope to help you get around them, but it does make this canyon have a fun technical aspect to it. I never felt like any of the bouldering spots where dangerous, just a fun challenge. Like most hikes, there are multiply paths through difficult situations, and part of the challenge is picking the one best for your ability and the challenge you want. That is so similar to life, sometimes we make bad choices that lead our life to be much harder than it needs to be. If in both situations you stop and give yourself a moment to look around and listen to the spirit within you, it will help so you can be on the easiest path to where you want to go.
- I would call this a moderate level trail for ages 10 and up.
- Trail is 1.2 miles.
- Great spot to take the easy route, but then if you want to build bouldering skills, to try the harder route also and see if you can tackle it.
- Bring a few dollars for the donation box, for this area is private property, and it would be so sad if access to this area got taken away.
- While you are here, you should at least check out the highlights in Maple Canyon even if you can't do the whole loop. Favorites are Arch up Middle Fork, and up Left fork the stairs and ladder areas, but make sure you take a quick detour off the main trail and find the Cave area with rope climbers. Check out my link on this area for more information.
|One of the many Boulder Challenges in Maple Box Canyon|
Old 360 Video Walking in Maple Box Canyon
|Maple Box Canyon|
360 Video Going Under the Rock 1 Above
|Another Boulder Obstacle in Maple Box Canyon|
|Boulder You Need to Walk Under in Maple Box Canyon|
|Maple Box Canyon Moroni Utah with Views of sunlit canyon outside.|
Maple Box Canyon Waterfall
360 Video of Walk Up to Waterfall
|Waterfall in Maple Box Canyon Moroni Utah|
2D Version of Video walking up to Waterfall
|Monster Eyes looking at you in Maple Box Canyon|